We are engaged in offering our esteemed customers with high quality Fennel Seeds. We are capable of handling small and large orders of Fennel Seeds and ensuring they are timely delivered all over the world. Our company is a reputed Manufacturer, Exporter and Supplier of Fennel Seeds from Gujarat, India.
- Fennel yields both a herb and a spice. All plant parts are edible; roots, stalks and leaves, with the spice coming from the dried seeds. A native to the Mediterranean, Fennel is an ancient and common plant known to ancient Greeks and spread throughout Europe by Imperial Rome. It is also grown in India, the Orient, Australia, and South America and has become naturalized in the US. It has been called “meeting seed” by the Puritans who would chew it during their long church Services
- Fennel is the dried ripe fruit of a perennial aromatic herbaceous plant, which grows in mild climates. Approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inches, long and have a green food colour. They are Oblong, elliptical, straight & slightly curved with prominent ridges. It smells like amise and taste similar. It has a slight note of camphor. It has long been used in India & China for its medicinal value, yet it is believed and proved to be a multi purpose usage spice.
- In India consumption of Fennel seed increases in the month of March to June. These days are generally hot, and Fennel seeds contain cool and refreshing taste. Indians have a Royal choice of having Sarbat of Fennel seeds which helps to bear, unbearable hot climate. Well known as Sauff. Indian Fennel is used in food, medicines, liquors, perfumery, also exported in the form including seeds, powder & volatile oil.
- Fennel is grown largely in Gujarat, Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh. Growing season is During August and December. India being the world largest producer of fennel seeds dominates.
Uses : As a herb, fennel leaves are used in French and Italian cuisine's in sauces for fish and in mayonnaise. In Italy fennel is also used to season pork roasts and spicy sausages, especially the Florentine salami finocchiona. It is traditionally considered one of the best herbs for fish dishes. The English use fennel seeds in almost all fish dishes, especially as a court bouillon for poaching Fish and seafood. It is used to flavour breads, cakes and confectionary.
General characteristics :
- Be the dried ripe fruits of the plant botanically known as Feoniculum vulgare MILL;
- Be free from visible mould, live insects, any harmful foreign matter and musty odour;
- Generally conform to the characteristic size, shape, colour, taste and aroma of the variety / type